View Single Post
Old 2016-09-27, 18:50   Link #10
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Animation Quality: 7. There was an episode or two where everything was off-model (a certain member's avatar reminds me of one of them every time I see it ). It wasn't that common though. I didn't notice any moments of outstanding animation (except for that Cosmic Movement performance where they put their all into animating bouncing breasts ), though. It was just solid, I guess?
Voice Actors: 8. Minori Suzuki didn't sound very convincing to me when she had to scream or sound afraid or the like. Berger's unfortunate need to change voice actors hurt this as well. Other than that I don't have any complaints. I was particularly fond of Keith's and Mirage's voice acting.
Script: Uh... 5? This is a hard one. I loved the banter between Freyja and Hayate early on, and there were definitely other good parts to the script, but then they just... did anyone else get really pissed off every time the Aerial Knights retreated for literally no good reason when they could have easily eliminated Walküre and Chaos right then and there? Or that Roid and Keith basically swapped priorities with each other out of nowhere? Keith used to be like "we have to do what we have to do to win, even if it hurts Heinz" and Roid used to be all concerned and acting like Heinz was made of glass. Then suddenly, Roid's all in and Keith's the one who's upset about Heinz's deteriorating health. The point is, the whole thing became an unfocused, inconsistent mess and was often stupid even early on.
Soundtrack: 8. Some of the Walküre songs were really nice... and I say that as someone who hates group idol music. Natureally, there were quite a few I dislike as well... loved Heinz's songs, and some of the background music was really nice, though much of it was forgettable.
Editing: ?. Not really sure what this refers to.
Enjoyment: Sigh.
Emotional Involvement: 8-1. My emotional involvement ended after the episode when they sent off Messer as that adorable tiny plane while playing Remember 16. I had hopes there would be more, but apparently the writers weren't interested in making a nice emotional story this time.

As for my ranking of all the series in the franchise... Just a warning, I might be a heathen:
Zero > Frontier movies > Plus OVA/movie > Frontier TV > SDF = 7 = 7's OVAs/movies > DYRL >>>>> Delta.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote