View Single Post
Old 2003-11-26, 16:03   Link #25
starduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperchld
What winds up being wrong with it depends entirely on what they want to do with your email address. There is no reason to make someone register unless you plan on doing something with the information garnered from making them register or click banners or do something equally repugnant.

The only problem with waiting two hours for pizza is if it is cold when it gets there. I hate that.

Bots, idlers, and script kiddies are what is wrong with IRC today. We wouldn't have nearly the number of splits or lag with out them. Personally, I would rather see them take other routes besides clogging up the IRC servers with people sitting there doing nothing for hours on end. This abuse of IRC has to end, and it needs to start somewhere.
Oh right. I'm selling all your E-mail adresses to spammers and keeping all the profits for myself. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

*sigh*

Uh... So... If you want to chat, go on chatting network like Undernet. And if we want to distro on IRC, then we'll distro on IRC. Its not because YOU don't like it that we need to change our ways. Nobody's forcing you to leech on IRC anyway...

"This abuse of IRC has to end, and it needs to start somewhere."

Blame the ISPs for making it so easy to go on the Internet. IRC is overcrowded only because the Internet is. And that's something you can't stop.

If you don't like it, create your own anime IRC network for only chatters... Haha.