View Single Post
Old 2008-04-17, 03:04   Link #98
tenkenX6
Undead Fansub TL/TLC
*Fansubber

Hmm......I'm still really new to the fansubbing scene, because I got burnt out real quick and just got back into it last month (after a year away from the scene). So, please excuse my lack of experience and etc.

Anyways, I started out by helping out the group Animehaven back in like the latter part of 2006, I think. I didn't do much at all with them. Just several things, here and there, regarding TLC stuff. Well, I wasn't really officially a part of their group, so it's not like I made a real difference or anything. Then, in January 2007, I joined a fansub group (which is now pretty much dead) called Shintani Subs. I was the lead/only TLor for them, until before I decided to call it quits....due to being way too busy in RL and not enjoying the series I was translating, for the most part. This was around April of 2007, I think. (Yeah, I know it was a SHORT stint.) Anyways, fast forward to 2008. I read Tofusensei's interview at Anime News Network's website and was honestly moved/enlightened. So, I decided to visit Live-eviL's forum and check things out. There, I saw that they were looking for a full-time TLCer, so I got in contact with Tofu to see if the position was still open. And luckily, it was, so I went into the IRC channel and was eventually accepted. Now, I have been with Live-eviL for a month, and feel that I want to continue working with the group for a long time. Such a great bunch of fansubbers in the group, IMHO.

Um.....well, that's my story in a nutshell.
tenkenX6 is offline   Reply With Quote