View Single Post
Old 2012-04-27, 14:43   Link #28620
UsagiTenpura
Artist

I thought Sakutarou had been created (more or less) by CLAMP.

But seriously tho, Sakutarou plushie is one of these things that I think are vastly different between "fictional worlds" and "prime".
You cannot talk in red about prime elements, by default, so who knows if there's really one of that plushie?
In fact it's entirely possible that Rosa bought a plushie for Maria and never claimed it was anything else then that. Considering it an unique plushie hand made by her mother could very well be Maria's way of rewriting her own life.

So if that's right Rosa simply bought a new one. I forgot in which arc that is, but it was implied at one point that Sakutarou's death occurred only a few days/weeks before the Rokkenjima incident.

It could very well be Maria who rejected it too, at that point. Sorta the same thing as Kanon being unable to cheer up Maria while Beatrice can, while the two are anyway the same being. Presenting "here's a new Sakutarou" doesn't work but going "I revived Sakutarou with magic" will work, and Maria will accept it as her's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Yeah, but...
I still think I found the only way this can work.
Yasu is a man and feels unable to love because of homosexuality. Jessica being interested in Yasu (while he's unable to) + being rejected by Battler brought that sentiment in Yasu.
It also explains pretty well the whole "George will dump you when smex".

Note: Isn't it a given that when Shkanontrice talks about injury, it's the same as when they talk about death? It doesn't refer to an actual physical phenomenon.

Last edited by UsagiTenpura; 2012-04-27 at 14:53.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote