View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 18:43   Link #220
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
All in all, the series is not friendly with the casual viewer, no matter how cool the first episode was, that episode was part of a whole work that is not splitted into 2 with many happenings in the gap. When you read them as the author presents you orginaly its not awkward.
I don't think it has anything to do with being a "casual viewer" or not. I've never so much as glanced at the light novels, and I don't think I'm having any problem following the show or appreciating it the way it's presented, nor do I think it's "awkward" this way. I actually like the "short story" presentation for the most part. Anecdotal evidence in the thread suggests that some feel this way as well, but others do not. Like every show, there will be people who don't like the way it's presented, keep being weighed down by the things they consider flaws, or want the show to be something different than it is. But I'm sure there are some people who had similar complaints even when reading the novels, but they probably aren't here to talk about the anime (because they weren't anticipating it).

In the end, I wouldn't take the fact that some people have issues with the presentation to mean that it isn't friendly to the casual viewer. I don't think the issue is that it's hard to follow, understand, or appreciate for what it is, it's simply that some people were hoping that it would be something else. That's a normal part of the discovery process.