View Single Post
Old 2012-08-23, 21:17   Link #30
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I am just wondering, have any of you suspected that you are dreaming in your dreams? For instance, a zombie dream. Does it not occur to any of you that there are no zombies in real life and that you may be dreaming? Or perhaps logic and memories do not apply in dreams?
Occasionally, but it's rare. The problem for many people is that once you realize you're dreaming, you tend to wake up.

If you know that you're dreaming and can remain within the dream, supposedly you can control the dream. I read a proposed method for acquiring this ability, but it seemed a bit weird to me... if I understood it right, you would go to sleep with your alarm clock clearly visible, and every few minutes take a look at the time. If the time started to flow backwards or wasn't what you expected, then you would know that you were dreaming. In a way I suppose it's similar to Inception: you just need something that gives you a reality check, so that you know whether you're dreaming or not.

The problem that I have with that method is that it seems too difficult to pull off. If I'm constantly checking something every few minutes and am trying to stay focused on it, I'm pretty sure that it'll keep me up all night. For that matter, when I really do fall asleep, I'll probably completely forget about what I was supposed to be checking. (In theory, if you're focused hard enough then this won't be an issue.)

But maybe I just don't care enough about controlling my dreams to go through with that mental training.