View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 02:27   Link #4154
Destined_Fate

Makes me wonder which generation they're trying to pander to since I'm sure many younger Japanese wouldn't really like to be in such a relationship as emotionless and detached as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You missed my point (and some of yours don't even make sense). My point is that it was handled really fucking badly as far as depictions go. It's made especially jarring given how we get better relationship development depictions from practically everyone fucking else, including Kira!

Well with Aisha dead, it's not really a relationship anymore, is it? And where the hell is this bit about Mu being suicidal coming from?

Shinn and Luna at least have the excuse of them entering the relationship as bonding over a really hard time. Which is still diluted to fuck when you consider that the really hard time was Shinn killing her little sister and her crush for being traitors. That said, it's definitely not what you'd call a healthy relationship, though they seem to stabilize after finding out that Meyrin was indeed alive and well.
Well, they didn't stabilize right away considering that Lunamaria decided to fight with Shinn still than at the last second decided she didn't want Shinn and Athrun to kill each other after all... Which almost got her killed.

At least Shinn matured out of that by the end and let go of his hate and they stayed a couple after everything had settled down.

There's also the Shinn and Lunamaria friendship since they knew each other before Destiny. Than when Shinn was extremely jealous when Athrun got the Savior and Lunamaria wanted to see his cool Red Gundam and not Shinn's Gundam. Couldn't help laughing at that scene since Athrun was oblivious and being a gentleman while Shinn was angry but the look on his face made it seem like he didn't even know why he was angry over this.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote