Thread: Licensed Kamisama no Memochou
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 04:13   Link #278
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Gosick also vastly improved since Episode 14. Yes, it's far off, but there are much more characters developed with the plot advancement.

Well, the problem with Detective Conan is that it is too focused by the mystery that we start to forget about the characters. It's already more than 500 episodes since the Shrinking Incident, and there has been too many retcons for Shinichi's biggest case ever: the case involving him himself.

Meanwhile, Gosick merely used the mystery to develop the characters.

I'm not yet sure as to how J.C. will handle Kamimemo, but I hope it ends more like Gosick; ending the series with the resolution of a big case (which is not involved with Alice's or Narumi's character development, take note) instead of the improvement of Alice and Narumi's relationship is not a good example of handling this adaptation.

@MeisterBabylon: Seems that my fanfic snippet of Victorique's incoming face-off with Alice has piqued your interest.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote