View Single Post
Old 2009-09-22, 12:10   Link #181
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as Kuma vanishing the crew to those specific locations goes, I think it's best to say that yes, it was an orchestrated move (someone else mentioned the same idea last year as well, but I forget who). However, unless he's in cahoots with someone that can predict the future, I doubt that he planned the exact course of events that the crew would go through in those islands in advance (did Kuma actually send Luffy to Amazon Lily for the specific purpose of convincing its empress to take him to Impel Down (and even making her fall in love with him in the process)? I think not, especially since he told Luffy that they wouldn't meet again.....). If the theory of Kuma being one of Dragon's spies is true, then he probably sent the Straw-Hats to those islands so they wouldn't be involved in the upcoming war. Of course, if that WAS the case, then the plan backfired, seeing as Luffy's currently present in Marineford...
I think it was an orchestrated move too, but how did Kuma (or anyone else for that matter) know that Luffy was a haki user? The only time he had used haki before was on that bull/cow, right?