View Single Post
Old 2009-05-17, 12:18   Link #89
Field of Lilies

@Jan-Poo: You are absolutely right of course, and I was not elaborate enough in that second paragraph. I oversimplified things because I'd been focusing on the first visit to the mall and what happened after that. I was mostly pointing out why I didn't agree with ~BC~ about Saki realizing she did something dangerous after the mall incident.

@~BC~: I really have to disagree with that analogy. While a busy highway will always be dangerous, the level of danger when humans are involved isn't fixed. Past experiences colour our perception of danger and people become less of a threat the more they prove to us they can be trusted.

I never claimed Saki was conciously thinking of the danger, because that's exactly my point: she doesn't see Akira as a threat at those points of the story. It wouldn't be weird at all to do so, but she doesn't see the danger then and she has no reason to see it now.

But this discussion is a bit pointless, because as I said in my previous post, I agree with you that's she's not really scared or anything but just doing it for Hirasawa.