View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 08:38   Link #237
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
And this sort of makes sense when you consider that the trend over the last 5 years or so has been shorter, cheaper productions that are sometimes seen as cheap "cash-ins" of existing novels/games/etc. As tends to be the case, the pendulum swings too far in one direction, and so there's a counter-shift the other way. The problem is that there's such a long lead-time on productions that the shows we're seeing now are the result of decisions made 1-2 years ago. That said, we're starting to see the fruit of some of the changes, with the anime market being up in the first half of 2011 (despite disasters and crazy market conditions).
Agreed. Pendulum swings can indeed take some added time to happen in anime due to the long lead-time on productions (Madoka Magica was actually in production three years, IIRC).

That being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I don't know. Points #2-10 could all describe another CLANNAD.

edit: Well, another thing like CLANNAD.
True. And Point #1 could simply be saying that if the only way to get another Clannad is through an anime original work, then so be it.

I myself would like to see another anime like Clannad. We haven't had anything quite like it (in all respects, including romance) since Clannad itself, imo.