View Single Post
Old 2006-10-24, 04:05   Link #299
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
It's not a big deal that CLAMP does the character designs and it certainly shouldn't have much affect on who decides to sub the show. I'm so tired of people mentioning that as the only merit of the show. I see it as a potential downside as everybody kind of has enlongated necks and it looks odd and this may turn a lot of people off.
I don't think it's the only merit, certainly, but neither do I think the designs are especially a 'turn-off'. Apparently those who hate those designs to the core are those who don't see a better side of things in terms of artwork. It could be attributed to how CLAMP wants to design their characters, and I certainly don't think there would be fans of Lulu and Suzaku now if there were that many people who hated the designs.

Quote:
Oh and D-Gray Man is apparentely plagiarising from other works anyway, so it can go to hell now. I was considering watching it but not now.
I've watched it...And certainly find little to refer to as 'plagarism'. Just my opinion though, seeing as this part is a little off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Suzaku is my favorite because he kicks ass! He seems to be Kira and Athrun in one body. Lulu seems to be Shin and Light........

SuzakuxKaren pairing anyone? I'm pretty sure the Lacus Clyne wannabe is going to ruin it but why do they have to make it so blatant? I know this show steals some stuff from Gundam, Clamp, Gunxsword, death note, and a few others but damn........
Steal? Steal isn't the right word to use in this case. More like 'Have similar elements'.

Hmm...Just my honest opinion...I don't like it when Lulu gets likened to Shinn. So far Lulu exudes a different aura from Shinn, that's for sure. He's cool, calculating...and quite the mastermind thus far, while Shinn....Kinda gets his strength from how intense his emotions are. In the aspect of Shinn and Light, though, I would agree. One wants vengeance exacted, while the other's considered rather clever, even for his age.

As for SuzakuxKaren pairing...We'll see if that can develop, somehow.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote