Thread: Apple IPad
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-29, 14:28   Link #27
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
How does the iPad compare to the HP slate shown at CES? Does anyone know?
Windows 7 slapped onto a Tablet... Although Windows 7 has multi-touch support, I highly doubt it will give a great experience since the interface is designed to use a mouse and keyboard and I have used the Tablet PC functions on Vista with a Wacom Tablet, and it was very clunky... compared to iPhone OS and Android, which is designed for multi-touch.

Also, MSI is coming out with a Tablet using nVidia's ARM CPU which will cost around the same price as the iPad ($500) and runs Android, which you can do multitasking and stuff and you can install any software you want..

Quote:
Still don't understand netbook hate. Even though I'm still using an old eeePC 900HD, modern netbooks are wonderful. I really want to ditch this one... maybe for an HP Mini 210 to compliment my full-size lappy (coming soon).
The problem is with the term "netbook"and it's marketing since they are more powerful than smartphones but less powerful than a traditional laptop, which becomes a field of not good or bad (no offense). If they are paired up with a more efficient OS that isn't Windows such as Linux and Android, it wouldn't appear to be slow since Windows is a inefficient OS besides from the slow hardware. Netbooks are just another name for ultraportables.