View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 12:09   Link #11
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
I think I've chosen a Nikon D3100. I compared it with the D3000, the Canon Rebel T3, and the T2i, and it seemed to win out over the former two and tie with the latter. The T3i was a bit out of the price range. I can get this one for up to $479 and all signs point to it being a good camera.
The T2i is quite a bit better than the D3100, just saying. The viewfinder is bigger, it shoots faster, and it performs better in bad light. Those three things right there are pretty much the most important things to look for when shopping for a camera body.

Also, keep in mind that if you buy an entry level Nikon camera there are a lot of lenses you can't autofocus with (because the entry level Nikons don't have an autofocus motor in the camera body; they require it to be built into the lens).

The 60D (as suggested above) is way overkill for a beginner.

By the way, if you can, buy used. Camera bodies don't exactly get worn out (at least not when used by ordinary amateurs, you need some serious dedication to wear out a shutter). Lenses don't exactly wear out, either.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2013-01-03 at 12:20.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote