Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-25, 13:15   Link #1007
harmonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Marriage and children are not anchors for relationships, you gotta be kidding with the amount of single mothers i see and have grown up with in my town.
Single mothers are having children outside of serious relationships.

Quote:
My view will be jaded, but with the amount of divorce rates and the temptation of 'extra marital affairs', kids and marriage sincerely do not hold the weight they used to let's say 50 years back.

Couples or a person in an 'unloved' marriage is most likely to stray simply to fufill their own happiness and restore faith back in themselves.
Whereas on the flipside, i know people who are in relationships for years, i know the basis and chemistry they're founding it on and why they work well together. A lot of those factors are from those examples I gave and believe me they are devoted to each other. They do hope to settle down in time with the kids and marriage, but it's not a present issue for them at the moment.
Divorce rates are what they are do to how current Western society views relationships. Premarital sex, promiscuity, dating, etc, are all part of this. Feminists call it women's sexual liberation, men consider it normal, but it all is the same disease. Long term relationships are no longer respected or really understood.

Quote:
Kids and marriage require a good financial basis (on the best of cases), something a couple would prefer to work for and simply enjoy their time and lives living as a couple and not parents.
What is or isn't a "good financial basis" is an opinion, and often simply an excuse. Your right, people want to selfishly live on as they do without regard for anything. Even if what they so thoroughly reject or put off, is actually an advantage to them.

Quote:
Not being married or not having kids, doesn't mean lack of dedication to each other at all. Rather it gives them more time to focus on each other.
Yes, it is. Marriage or having kids doesn't mean they can't focus on each other. In fact, not getting married is the antithesis of focusing on each other. People are generally selfish creatures, this includes relationships. They aren't not getting married because they want to focus on each other, they are not getting married because they are focusing on themselves. They view the relationship selfishly, as a benefit for themselves alone. Without being married and kids, it is easy for them to simply escape the relationship. They know this, be it consciously or unconsciously.
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote