View Single Post
Old 2007-06-29, 00:58   Link #123
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Please don't for an instant think that was a dig at Kanon - Uguu! I adore that story. I just think the emotional approach was appropriate for the material there, just as the contrary approach was for Sola. As for Aono, well - I guess villain is a relative term. It's a complicated tale in which no one (save perhaps Yorito) is free of a laundry list of things to feel guilty about. But one tends to need an axis of right and wrong to orient around in a series like this, and its Aono, for me, who drives most of the negative karma.
No, no...I never felt that it was a dig at Kanon at all. Only when Sorrow-K mentioned it did I realise that there are bound to be some people out there who place their expectations as such with no reference to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
It's 2 things. To please either themselves, or to please the fans. Making an anime in Japan is not an easy thing, you got to please both sides.
Never said it was, never thought it is ever going to be easy pleasing everyone. Making a show to please oneself isn't generally going to get far-Unless it so happens that they have rather high standards and are able to cover most things in terms of expectations.
Quote:
Of course, now the only thing we should try to avoid (especially with the coming of episode 13) is another post by Kaoshin_Sama on 'how sola can fail because of the Kanon writer'.
All the more he's going to rant on that.