Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 12:45   Link #2340
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Speaking of the Nirvash, I'm starting to get confused. Eureka pilots that spec-2 look-alike back in Okinawa, and it gets left behind when she disappears. Later on Ao finds a different "mark 1" that is obviously in the same "family", but resembles the one Renton had been building at one point (right down to the hidden weapons being in it with her password...). But Ao's "mark 1" is still that ur-IFO all the other IFOs were descended from.

Am I misremembering this? If not, how does this even make sense? For Ao's to have the hidden weapons only Eureka knew about meant it's something that would have to have been brought to Ao's world, not built there (probably...). But then when and by whom, if Eureka's own Nirvash back in that battle on Okinawa was that spec-2 look-alike?

This really isn't adding up for me.
Your confusion is understandable, but unnecessary. You're being thrown off by the paint job, which makes it look closer to the spec2. Eureka's Nirvash, which she arrived in when she landed at Okinawa, is the same Nirvash as the one Ao pilots now. It got disassembled, reassembled, repainted, then painted again once Ao got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
So how exactly is Elena able to pilot an IFO? We know now that she didn't grow up in an environment rich with Trapar and there's never been any mention that she has the same "disease" as Naru, so I don't see how she would be able to. Am I missing something?
Being at the site of two Scub Bursts is probably a major amount of trapar exposure. There's also no reason why she couldn't have moved to near one of the numerous coral plants, since in 2020 they knew how to stop Scub Bursts.