View Single Post
Old 2003-11-19, 01:31   Link #3
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Spring
I started this thread because me and some other members would get really off topic discussing military weapons and stuff on some other threads (even in the cutest intro thread.... don't ask me how that happened) Anyways some members (or should I say member) said we should stay on topic and start our own thread (rudely) I'm not going to name names, but let's say his name rhymes with menmaster.

This thread is for all you military fanboys or fangirls (perferably fanboys) jk, like myself, to discuss or throw out your 2 cents on anything military, weapons, technology, wars, military history,etc For those of you who have watched Full Metal Panic, remember that guy who was sorta Sagara's friend and he knew all the weapons and clasifications of the arm slave and stuff, well that pretty much describes this thread.

So I'm going to start off this thread with a questions, which battle tank do you think is the best overall in both efficent, cost effective, mobility, armor, and firepower.

For me I want to say the United State's M1 Abram but it's turbine engine uses too much fuel, even though it can go fast, is it's very expensive to maintian. So I guess I would have to go with the Chinese Generation 3 (Type 98). It has a 125mm cannon (which even out guns the M1), but still only weights a little over 50 tons making it very mobile. It also has a 12.7mm air defense gun, to take out choppers.

Edit: oops, I posted this in the wrong section, can anyone move it to the general chat section.

well the US military are planning to get rid of tanks, and instead replacing them with light mobile vheicals (AHHH SPELLING!) with high power guns... so i dont know

PAnzers and Tiger tanks are my all time favourite, its outdated of course since its a ww2 model.

DAMN ISRAEL!!! hahaha HOW CAN THEY SELL PATRIOT MISSLES TO CHINA!?!!?! thats right, these ppl didnt know how to use it, so they sold all of it to china, now they have US patriots.... *sigh*. Lets hope they dont do that with the new laser defense system we're working on and planning to give to the israelies.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote