View Single Post
Old 2009-05-15, 17:11   Link #10
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Hina hasn't even realised yet that she's in love with Hayate, I believe it's a bit too early to alrdy put em in a relationship. It's clear that they both like each other and that there's a tension between 'em, not to mention the better mutual understanding due to having the same past, but this is still only the start ^^;
That's the old "like" thing - "like" in the English meaning of the word, yes. There's an attraction between the two of them, but it's nothing like "love" or a "crush" yet, IMHO. It's not focused enough so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Another great episode! Lots of Ayumu and Hinagiku is win (for me)!

*looks at the scene with Ayumu and Hinagiku laying with Shiranui*
Let's just go with Ayumu x Hinagiku... Super dense Hayate can be along for the rest of his life. All is solved.
You know, if the story would develop just a trace differently, I'd have no problem at all with that. But even if/since it doesn't happen, the development of the friendship between Hina and Ayumu is and remains one of the big highlights of the show for me. In several aspects, it's much more pleasing and satisfying than the romance aspects with Hayate. It will bring out Ayumu's kind and generous character beautifully.

Quote:
Preview: ...Who is this twin-tails girl? A new character?... <--Index treatment
I really had to laugh out loud at that ^_^

Quote:
The question is if the manga will even get a closure on Hayate's love life. Because if the manga-ka officially sets up Hayate with one of the characters, with no doubt, the crazy fans of the other characters will explode... And to make it worse, there will be immature fans bragging about how their character won and only fanning the fire...
Once Hayate commits, the show will be over. Simple as that. And in order to achieve that without huge civil wars (and I still believe that the mangaka WILL achieve it), it would have to become a "consentual" finish, as in that the "losing" competitors accept and actively support the final pairing. Without that, I agree - it would turn into a disaster.

Quote:
And if it is Hinagiku, there are the various landmines already set thanks to the idiotic officials...
Hm? What did you mean by that?