View Single Post
Old 2010-05-30, 14:40   Link #97
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't remeber Otonashi apologizing either, they clearified everything but he never said sorry to Kanade for his actions unless I have memory lose.
Otonashi reached out to her. Yuri didn't.

Quote:
Yuri made assumptions but she didn't stick to them. Watch properly, each time she was doubting her actions and coming to realize that Kanade is not God's creation.
The problem is, why didn't she realize it sooner? She's worked together with Kanade before and even had tea with her. I don't understand how after you've done that, you go back to an assumption of this person being inhuman and unfeeling.

Quote:
Actually she wasn't sure if she should do the ticket trick at the end of the episode and later was the only one out of all team who actually agreed for Kanade to join the fishing when even Otonashi's fanboy who was following Kanade all this time was against.
She said for them to hold on a moment because Kanade was acting strangely, not because she was in the mindset of Kanade being "just like you or me". To be fair, Otonashi was also the same way when he had them cease fire. The difference is that when confronted with his own actions against Kanade, he felt remorse. Yuri felt upset that "Tenshi" wasn't the link to God that she had assumed she was.

And again, Yuri makes no overtures towards Kanade. She agrees after the request has been made to allow her to go fishing, but spends the entire time staring at her as though Kanade is suddenly going to start slaughtering them. That is not the sign of someone that has put aside their preconceived notions about Kanade and her humanity.

Quote:
She also was the one who organized a rescue team to help Kanade, no one asked her and forced her and later she was sorry.
They had to get to Kanade in order to enact their plan to get rid of the clones. It wasn't purely altruistic out of the goodness of her own heart. Likewise, rewatch the scene at the beginning of episode nine. Yuri does NOT apologize for what she's done, and, in fact, when Otonashi sought to absolve her of blame, she agreed with him.

Then, when she goes back, it's clear that she's worried over the impact this will have on her group.

Quote:
And show is not over yet, there is plenty of time to say sorry still.
I don't think Yuri has to bow and prostrate herself and beg forgiveness from the Almighty Kanade or anything. I would just like to see a sign that she recognizes the basic humanity of people who don't necessarily share the same opinion that she does of the afterlife.

There are a lot of good things about Yuri. She is brave. She is decisive. She cares very deeply about her friends and works hard for their sake. I think she's basically a good, but broken person.

Again, it's just that her treatment of Kanade is NOT one of the things I am inclined to give her credit for.
ずっと変りはしない