View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 03:02   Link #52
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

both are terrible but in different ways. it's really hard to say which one is least bad, but I think in the end I prefer the 80's style, probably because I've had less exposure to it.

Some (rare) manga has good character design, but really, if you like that sort of stuff just go read Belgian/French comics (bandes dessinées if you're feeling like they're a separate ~art form~ like manga apparently is) instead.
edit: and by that I mostly mean things like Blueberry or Thorgal, not really Asterix (even though that, too, has great character designs in its own way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
On the contrary, I find this to be a major drawback with Western-style animation. It's too damn predictable. There's such a huge lack of subtly and imagination, you often feel like you're being treated like an idiot... It's far removed from reality and kinda shallow as well. "Evil is always ugly and dark" "Good is always beautiful and bright"?
out of morbid curiosity, I'll have to ask what kind of western comics you have in mind here?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2012-03-17 at 03:49.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote