View Single Post
Old 2008-11-22, 15:56   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Browsing around inside the windows folder it appears that Vista doesn't clean up after itself .... that's due to the System Restore snapshot function but I'm wondering how long that remains tenable in a huge flat file collection.

Oh and yes, Vista flames and dies just as thoroughly as Linux unless every component in the system was "Vista-approved" ... and then it fugs anyway sometimes. Suing Microsoft for failing to install? Wait a minute while I clean the coffee spill up from laughing so hard. And I work with Microsoft Partners who pay oodles for "MS support".

I still have wireless card issues with Linux (usually Ubuntu these days) but that's mostly because too many of the wireless chip families are shitheads about providing the specs for drivers. Otherwise almost anything I cobble together accepts it fairly well. Biggest hang up for Joe User is still those attachable devices (cameras, printers, etc) that assume a Windows system. So the house is a mix of several OSes for convenience... spend money where I have to, don't spend it where I don't have to.