View Single Post
Old 2011-11-13, 15:15   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man it's a good thing that the Diva was in no immediate danger this episode because everyone just kind of takes off to do their own things this episode and basically left Milles in charge and 1 outdated mobile suit behind to defend it.

Let's see, yet another episode with a lot going on. Woolf took off pretty early to try and get his old buddy to build him a suit better than the Gundam (I say good luck but it's not happening) so that's minus one Genoace. I like how every MS builder seems to know the legend of the Gundam and it's many glorious victories in the past but yet not any of the specifics of them. It really must have just happened that long ago. Emily also takes off after realizing that Flit is enlisting and not going with her to settle in the other colony and then Flit chases after her meaning Largan Drace was the only pilot even on the ship by the halfway point and that's when we run into the incredibly manly Iwark who tells of the backstory of the Zalam and Euba's petty intercolony wars and how that was what lead to demilitarization and what they call the "Silver Chalice Treaty". Of course the fight is still going thanks to the likes of Don Voyage.

Grodek has a mini-flashback and as I thought his family was lost in the Day the Angel Fell event so it is personal between him and the UE much like with Flit. He then like every other major character takes off to go try and get some more warpower from an old man warmonger that looks like an unused design from G Gundam. It's good that he realized that one battleship and 3 mobile suits aren't beating the UE's main base, but is a deal with the devil really worth it. It's hinted that he's supplying these Zalam and Euba factions and just sitting back to watch and profit off the carnage while actually enjoying the fight. Don Boyage is like the very essence of the person that Iwark is accusing of bringing war to his colony and forcing the poor people to live between the colony walls in the interest of staying the hell out of that mess. And I thought U.C Gundam colonies had problems, that shanty town almost makes Shangri-La look like paradise by comparison.

I thought Iwark was marked for death the moment he started talking about protecting that little girl and when he took off in a civilian mobile suit to try and stop the battle I was almost certain we were looking at a tragic ending to the episode as I was shouting at Flit to, "Git to da Gundam", but then Iwark goes and takes out a military grade MS with a heat shovel and guts before getting overwhelmed and Vargas brings the Gundam to him...somehow without Milles even knowing. I'm kind of starting to doubt her ability to function as an operator since her very job is to keep track of the Mobile Suits in action and yet she's completely failed to do so twice in one episode. That's not good, not good at all really.

In any case a random appearance by the UE (probably Decil in that suit) and what looked like a deliberate attempt to frame Flit for damaging the colony and shit hits the fan in a completely unexpected way at the end of the episode.

Overall a pretty good one again that fills in yet more details about the History of the Advanced Generation Era as well as drops some more hints and mysteries about it's distant past as well as introduces a secondary conflict that's going on between known powers for those that feel the UE are a little too faceless an enemy. I support this twist, but we'll need to see what the leaders of Zalam and Euba are like in order to get a better handle on the conflict. Judging by this shows tendency to borrow a bit from Gundam X I'm kind of expecting people like Lord Bradman and Zaider to be in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Wow, literally everything in this episode happened out of plot convenience and made no logical sense. I'm so dumbfolded I don't know where to start, lol.
By all means please go into detail so that we might fully understand the specifics of your post.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote