View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 07:07   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
2. In the case of retired sub-forums where we do lock certain threads, there is always an unlocked thread that is still suited to discussing the show and can cover the topics that were previously covered in the locked threads.
I guess I was just unlucky when I tried to find that unlocked thread in the School Rumble sub-forum, then. Maybe this particular sub-forum is an anomaly, but there is no general discussion thread that spans the entire franchise. Maybe that was an oversight that has since been corrected in the sub-forums for other shows? The closest thread that covers both seasons and the OVA is the one about the show being licensed by Funimation. That's hardly a "general" discussion.

It hasn't always been clear to me that sub-forums are a good solution for discussing popular series. The most recent case in point is the thread for Cross Game. It has over 3,400 postings, which I believe is the most for any show that doesn't have a sub-forum. As in all popular series, there were the occasional postings of "I hope this gets a sub-forum" usually followed quickly by more postings to the effect of "please, no." The general consensus in that thread was that a sub-forum would dissipate discussion by spreading it over dozens of threads.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote