View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 07:07   Link #77
alarmadadna hadi

Quote:
That's a large part of why I took one point off from this episode actually. I think the talent theme was not really wrapped up. The show presented the issue but didn't present a solution. OK, life is unfair, but now how are they going to live with it?

It is likely that it was intentional though. From this arc which is from Satoshi's point of view, Houtarou looks like he is at the top of the food chain. However, Houtarou has seen the higher sky himself in the form of his sister. We only have a couple episodes left so I don't have much hope, but I do want to see this get explore more.

The way I see this issue in real life is that people are different. While there are exceptions, they are not superior or inferior to one another, just different. What we (and the education system) should try is to find the thing that the individual is good at and develop it.
Spoiler for For The sake of dear dear space:

Quote:
The arc came down to this same realization on three different fronts: Oreki with the student council President who wanted his friend to keep working on the manga, Mayaka's senpai who could never make as good as manga as her friend, and of course Satoshi with the fact that he feels he could never match Oreki.

Sorry but really? We waited all these episodes for this? On a narrative level I just find this a tad underwhelming.
It wasn't just a narrative and thematic thing, but a part of the mystery, it functioned as a hint as some of us guessed the motive of juumonji through reading between the lines of the different characters conflicts.

And, is it just me, or did houtaro show us his very first "real" smile?

Last edited by alarmadadna hadi; 2012-08-14 at 07:23.