View Single Post
Old 2006-02-01, 05:06   Link #6
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
true Kyaa ... the plea to 'higher beings' (pun interned) shows that he is in doubt about if he should be a boy/man or rather a girl ... he may be a boy of body at that point but there is nothing that proves him a boy by mind ... rather neutral between the genders or even a slight tip towards girl by mind

and Tomari is without doubt the one of his intimidate friendship range that have most issues about it ... okay ... Asuta also have his fair share of issues about falling in love with his ealier best friend
Tomari is fun too. She's a tomboy, which is, imho, the unfair acceptable blurring of gender roles. If girls can act like boys and it is OK, why can't boys do the same? She's got the whole protector thing too, the boy to Hazumu-kun's girl.

I feel for Asuta. He's got it hard, no pun intended. Hazumu was his pal and he seems to have tried to be there for "him" in the past. Now thing have changed and he doesn't really know how to accept them and seriously lacks maturity in how he does deal with Hazumu-chan. Of course, he IS a teenage boy so he has hormones working against him. I remember how hard, pun intended, it was to deal with the hot girls in high school and the problems that embarrassed me when I was his age. (Thank god boys don't wear skirts is all I can say or I'd have been even MORE embarrassed. :P )

And even more so, since I didn't have a male role model that I trusted when I was his age, I had to go through this all by myself. I didn't know what to do and why it was happening to me. I didn't even get the "birds and bees" speech since my family was DEEPLY religious and we just didn't talk about such things. (Besides, birds and bees BOTH lay eggs and I was smart enough to know that much when I was dealing with puberty.)