View Single Post
Old 2013-08-21, 09:08   Link #32855
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
As for the rule about servants, I often wondered if what Ryu was getting at is that Kannon and Shannon WEREN'T the killers. In a personality construct thing, Shannon would never kill George, and Kanon would never kill Jessica. So even when they survive after these people's deaths, it is because they did not and would not commit the crime, and it is not their plot (though them also truly not being servants is also possible under this interpretation, they are technically masters). I know it's awfully wanky, but that isn't exactly evidence against Ryu doing it.
Well, it fits with the ep3 red cheat. "Shannon" and "Kanon" do not commit murder. Only another entity (which we can just call "Beatrice") does that. However, it's pretty clear that the whole thing is the action of a single intellect as otherwise things like the ep3 First Twilight or Kanon's "death" in ep1 are impossible.

It creates a scenario where "Kanon" would never kill Jessica, but is perfectly content to allow "Beatrice" to do it. Or where both "Shannon" and "Kanon" are willing to die to deceive everyone in order to permit "Beatrice" to go on killing. And note this totally does happen for both their supposed loved ones, including twice to George.

One could argue for a multiple personalities deal and that Shannon and Kanon wouldn't voluntarily commit these acts, but I'm not sure you can actually back that up as it appears that they must either be willing accomplices or simply all the actions of a single will that is not in any way divided or insane, which I think is the only explanation that gets us to the answer of ep3 the way Will/Yasu saw it.

As an author this essentially means that Beatrice is caught in something of a lie. It's true that Shannon and Kanon won't do certain things, but they're just characters being acted out by the board killer who is entirely capable of doing all of those things even though they know that the servant characters would object to them. The notion of Kanon's struggles being useless is basically literal: Even if Kanon wouldn't do what the board killer wants, "Beatrice" can make him complicit because the true face wants to commit the murders. Essentially, it's Shannon and Kanon's unwillingness that's the act.

This seems a reversal from reality though, where Yasu's conflicting feelings and attachment to the people she cares for are the truth and "the culprit" is the mask. The Beatrice of the boards is not the same person as her creator at all.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote