View Single Post
Old 2009-11-13, 18:55   Link #574
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
finished this show up recnetly and just spent hours reading through this thread and a couple others. PHEW

I recently got back into anime after an almost 5 year hiatus. I got sick of the same old same old. Spice and wolf and this are 2 of the stand out shows ive seen so far that have made me glad to be back. It looked like a harem anime or something which was one of the things i was sick of but i was very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed all the characters (except for friggin inko-chan ungh) and really loved a lot of the emotional scenes leading up to the end

.. unfortunatly the actual end left me feeling a bit flat. Lots of people arguing about the open endedness/not open endedness of this ending. Well to me its far too vague, mostly because of the giant 1 year gap.. cmon, thats just ABSURD. We have no idea what happened then, if they stayed in touch, what happened. it just left a very sour taste in my mouth and kinda brought the series down from great to just good. I hear the novels had it as only a couple months which would have been MUCH better and more belivable. I really dont get why they didn't just stick with that

anyway, i do have one question that i didn't see answered here... did Taiga and Ryuji actually make love that night at the grandparents house? That kiss scene was the best ive seen (i cant belive some people were comparing it to junk in naruto and bleach o_O) and it got really hot and heavy there near the end, then you just had a pan away. I saw this brought up near the end of this thread but it wasn't really answered. People just said 'it doesn't really matter' and moved on. Well, ya, it kinda matters

thats the only major question i had about this series. I dont think the novel had that scene in it, i'll have to go look over in the novel thread i guess. I also need to find out how the novel ended vs this one

all in all this was an enjoyable series marred by that giant time skip
Whether they did or not is left to the creative choice of the reader. There's no conclusive evidence either way and many clues that suggest either way. It all depends on the baggage each reader brings I guess

I *suspect* after all they'd been through that, yes, they probably did consummate their relationship. But its just an assumption.