Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 20:01   Link #264
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I'm glad to know my expectations of this show was correct. A great sci-fi anime and a tribute to old space opera animes.

I got hooked with the 1st episode, the characters are interesting and the story has potential. Can't wait for next week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
That was a lot of fun.

Oh man you guys were right with early feedback on the ep, this felt like exactly what I've been missing and hoping it would be, that bit of oldschool but updated, big scifi action adventure show with top notch modern visuals, we haven't even gotten to space yet and I was locked in by the natural pacing and nicely realized scifi setting and tech for the setting and quickly likeable characters. Marika pulled off being the MC quite well in the premiere and I love her design.

Really loved the music track that opened the episode! Nice supporting background music for the light stuff, loved the bits of more noticeable music throughout and towards the end, can't wait to hear the bigger tracks as we go forward. Like ShioiRyu, really got into the up-beat OP/ED.

Spoiler:

Man I miss shows like this.

This (obviously potentially since we'll see once they get into space and get the real space action but with how like-ably they handled one of the hardest parts I'm quite hopeful) and Last Exile: GnF have finally delivered the action adventures we used to get a lot more often, feels great getting two of these in back-to-back seasons.

Hmmm...I'll just let that one pass for crazy talk or that you're someone who never saw more of FMA in dubbed form since english dubbed Mustang is badass.
Definitely agree.

I enjoyed the first episode more than I should have. Like others mentioned above, it's like a homage to the space operas of the 80s, 90s. Memories of my childhood came back to me. Aside from mecha and mahou shoujo, I've been a fan of these kind of anime shows for a long time. I would have thought this genre died a long time ago.

The characters are cute and likable so far especially Marika. It reminded me partly of Yamamoto Yohko and Sora wo Kake Girl for some reason, but I'm sure there's more to it than that. I'm really looking forward to the next episode now.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote