Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-13, 08:32   Link #3291
The Green One

I think part of what is making Shizu hard to swallow here for some people is a lot of us have only a casual understanding of the game at best, the deeper intricacies of the game are lost on us. Shizu's ability is a form of table control that can also override other forms of table control if Shizu's is stronger. She almost stopped the counted Yakuman but not quite so even Shizu's ability is not absolute. Table control abilities are well known in the series and otherwise accepted, Shizu's shouldn't be that strange. Also Harue showed interest in the value of the dice row which suggests this isn't the first time Shizu has used this ability.

This almost seemed to be a preview fight of how Shizu could potentially fare against Saki, as her style is somewhat similar to Awai.

A lot of time is both series I think the gameplay in rounds is skipped to really signify that nothing of significant importance happened there. Otherwise the main series would be even more unbearly slow then it is already. I mean we saw Kiyosumi's quarter finals from almost start to finish and even that took over a year to finish.

Marina is correct in pointing out that Shizu had a stable game until she was surprised by that hidden hand she got direct hit by, Not the most flattering thing for us to see but it seems it was her only true mistake in the match.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote