View Single Post
Old 2007-11-13, 21:42   Link #166
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Wow, I just read something really interesting on Heisei Democracy, which was taken from Moon Phase:

If this is true, this explains the very poor quality of the overall art quality in this series as it progressed. No wonder all the promo art, DVD art and all that is being done by Keiji Gotoh, the director.
I wasn't aware of this.. haven't been reading up on GF much until recently as I stopped watching for a while. I don't see how the degredation of the animation quality in some episodes (there's not been a great deal of change on the DVDs as far as I can see BTW) can be blamed on the lack of one of the character designers since the designs (for the main characters at least) were obviously already drawn before they even started animating anything. Since Gotoh is an artist/animator/character designer before he is a director is it not unusual for him to produce artwork for his shows. He illustrated the DVD covers, but the box and art cards were drawn by Megumi.