View Single Post
Old 2008-10-21, 11:57   Link #60
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
I may or may not have the original AXN Chuuka Ichiban broadcasts stored up. I won't know until December, when I go back home for vacation and see for myself.

The problem with typing from the AnimeKeep subtitles is basically that it's been translated twice - once from Japanese to Cantonese/Mandarin, and the second time from Chinese to English. At any rate, they've lost the original files and are unwilling to redo it, so I figure it's open season on this title.

The quality of the AVIs in the Japanese raws aren't fantastic, sorry to say. I am trying to get hold of the DVD, so I can rip it with h.264. I also have grand plans to cook up some singable karaoke translations: my half-assed efforts with Aegisub can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/user/zergrinch. I am confident that with enough support, we can make a good release, better than AKeep's .

Anyhow, just dropping off a line that I am interested in subtitling this title, though much assistance will be required to make things happen. My plans are still tentative though, since they depend on whether a.) I can get the DVDS and b.) I have copies of the AXN broadcasts in storage. Still, do drop me a PM if you'd like to have a go
If you get dvds, and transcribe broadcast scripts, I'd be willing to give it a go to assamble a fansub team. I've got some contacts here and there after having been in more than twenty groups.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote