View Single Post
Old 2009-06-22, 14:39   Link #67
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the notion that you can "abuse" anime ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
... Tezuka Osamu ... Gundam ...
I've yet to see an anime based on Tezuka's work that I'd rate better than average to bad. And now that I'm already guilty of lèse majesté: same holds for Matsumoto Reij and Go Nagai. And don't let me get started with anything Gundam. On the other hand I haven't watched any of the anime you linked to beyond episode 2 or so. Because IM not so HO they sucked. Still, I watch a lot of anime. Morale: There must be anime beyond Sekirei and Tezuka Osamu somewhere.

Quote:
But it seems that ever since 2005-2006, about 70% of anime has consisted of NOTHING but moe, lolicon, useless fan-service, ecchi, chest groping, people shoving their privates in other people's faces, non-seriousness, lack of discipline, maid outfits, bunny outfits and fetishes!.
I'll give you the non-seriousness and "lack of discipline" (though not the "nothing but"). Which is because anime is
Quote:
popular TV show entertainment
and not a mental boot camp. And not only since 2005. Dominion? Moldiver? Nuku-Nuku? Dirty Pair? And then there is the stuff that wants to be taken serious but cannot be taken serious. Which would bring me back to Gundam ... As for the rest (moe, lolicon, useless fan-service, ecchi, chest groping, people shoving their privates in other people's faces, maid outfits, bunny outfits and fetishes). Let's take a look at chartfag's spring 2009 overview and you show me the 70 percent.

And seriously: you're fine with 30 percent? Then why do you think you have the right to complain?

Quote:
anime WITHOUT that useless stuff (such as anime from the like the World Masterpiece Theater).
Cosette is as moe as moe can be. Heidi too.

Quote:
There's also events in the past that are worth being animated, such as slavery, World War I, the Civil War, the Vietnam War, the Kennedy assassination, the war in Iraq
... the Lewinsky affair and the Super Bowl. Since when is the reason of existence of Japanese animation to teach American history 101?