Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 21:42   Link #3435
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

I don't remember clearly any more, but I think Kou bought every present except the last one for Wakaba's 16th birthday. As for what he actually did with them, he stored them away as keepsakes of a promise made and faithfully kept.
Well If I recall, there were around 2 more things on his list, like the engagement ring being last. I hate and love how Adachi wants us to think and figure things out with predictions.

Quote:

Read the thread, lol. There are a range of views. I am among those who believe that Kou had always liked Aoba, and Wakaba herself was aware of it, hence her cryptic but friendly warning to Aoba not to take Kou away from her.
That's what I also thought, but then I saw all these other opinions and want to see if anyone else has the exact same thoughts. Apparently, a lot of people have thought this, but then people are able to use their imagination to prove it false, so it's very mind boggling.

Quote:

I liked the way the story ended. Some things don't need to be spelt out so explicitly. I side with some Japanese who tend to believe that if you put your thoughts and feelings to words, they become less sincere. Far better to put thoughts and feelings into action that your loved ones can personally experience and hence infer the intent behind your actions.

(A bit of cultural awareness is possibly needed to understand the above point of view. The Japanese language is notorious for its use of a variety of synonyms to express subtle differences in meaning. There are different ways, for example, for a Japanese to tell you "no" without actually saying the word, which they loathe to say because they consider it rude to directly refuse requests from others. As a result, it's possible for the Japanese to hide their true meanings behind a cascade of pretty but meaningless words, which likely contributes to the feeling that words alone are insincere, and that proof by action is much more honest.)

Basically, actions speak louder than words. In the above scenario, the fact that Aoba doesn't let go of Kou's hands despite what she said says everything I need to know about their relationship. It's rock solid.
Well I do know some stuff about the culture, such as saying no (only no in a straightforward manner especially) is rude. I didn't know about "putting thoughts into words" being insincere, thanks for telling me this, it might help me analyze some anime/shows in the future.

The ending is by far very unique when compared to most anime, even though it did lack a kiss, but a kiss would mean that they both openly accepted and that would also change their personality. And if they did kiss with the same personality, Aoba will be very tsundere about it (this will also change the way the story follows up to the ending). I also am against them kissing because it basically changes the characters we have seen for 49 episodes. The only way I would possible like them kissing is if they followed up the story in a different way. Anyway, the kiss would probably leave questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post

What Kou's team won were the regional matches. The schools who manage to win their respective regionals across the country get to play in Koushien stadium, where the national tournament is held.
Thank you for clarifying this. This explains a lot now. After they said they were going to Koushien (after they won the regionals), I thought I misinterpreted the meaning of it. I then thought it was probably a hall of fame.