View Single Post
Old 2011-04-14, 00:42   Link #22622
cronnoponno

Well, that kinda answered a bunch of questions I had, glad to have that much cleared out for me.

I still am not totally enlightened about the Meta-world though. I guess I should ask the main question I have about it:

Am I supposed to see it's plot only as a means for hints on the game board, or do I need to keep track of the magical plot in it? Like for example, should I ignore the fight between Will and Bernkastel, and only listen to what Bernkastel told Ange about what happened after Eva left the island as a clue? My main problem with that is Bernkastel and Lambdadelta, what about them? Are they ''not real'' as well?

Erika said to Beatrice: ''Well, alternate dimensions like this are actually becoming common in detective novels'', and then Beatrice says ''(forgot the name) doesn't make his debut until next year''.

And then there's the whole part where child-Ange is crying and Battler comes to tell her the story of ''what really happened'' (end of EP 7), this just really confused me. When did this happen?

Was Bernkastel's torture of Ange just a metaphor for kids bullying her in the aftermath of Rokkenjima's tragedy? Is a different form of Ange living in a different dimension(meta world), and the real Ange living in the real world, and BATTLER was telling the story to Meta-Ange, who has nothing to do with the Ange of the real world?
Was the whole court of illusions just a metaphor for Erika pinning Natsuhi as the culprit? Or are both scenes true, just the court of illusions scenario happening in a different dimension?

Stuff like that, basically.

Oh, and yeah I knew that Kyrie had said her baby was stillborn in EP 3, what I was saying is that I never saw it revealed that Battler was her son, basically, where it is revealed. But if she wasn't entirely sure it survived, that answers my question. I was just wondering how someone as smart as her could honestly not realize that her child was conveniently alive, and never heard from it again, not realizing it was Battler all along.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote