View Single Post
Old 2011-04-14, 20:24   Link #22635
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
Now please tell me how a girl "becomes a witch" and the servant "persona" stays behind, has her memory re-written, and becomes real. Furthermore, how does she create another boy "persona," practically talks to herself in public, and no one says anything about it?

Listen, I'm not trying to dispute anything. I just don't understand Yasu's backstory and YasuShannontrice doesn't help explain it fully.
Because her memory was always like that and there was always only one person in that room. Remember magic is an "embellishment" of the facts in Umineko.

And the story fits with what we know about Shannon in previous episodes. In other words her being, a servant for 10 years, and being a a bit of a clutz and her childhood promise with Battler. The Shannon Yasu talks to is her image of the ideal servant she wants to become and she emphasizes this constantly in episode 7 with her admiration of her and calling her the complete opposite of herself.

As for Kanon nobody actually sees her talking to herself. Besides Genji who doesn't matter. One explanation seems to be that they did notice, but that the thought of them being the same person seemed just as unthinkable of an idea to them as it was for us.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote