View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 00:34   Link #3434
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
I know the difference. I'm just pointing out that an argument works both ways, is all.
Sure, which is why I try not to make such comparisons.

But, if we're talking specifically about Kira and not try to compare him with Shinn, then there are three reasons to say that Kira would do well with Destiny:

First, Kira was able to handle Strike after a few minutes of seeing Murrue piloting it.

Second, Destiny, unlike Providence, does not have any feature that would require any specific skill.

Third, most of Destiny's equipment: beam rifle, saber/boomerang, sword, and cannon, are the same type of weapons that Kira have used before.

You combine the three reasons above, and you have enough basis for saying that Kira could believably do well with Destiny.

Not to mention that, if you add the time for Kira to familiarize himself with it and allow him to modify the Destiny like he does with his other mobile suits, then there's no reason to doubt that Kira could handle Destiny.

Notice, again, that I'm not saying anything about how well he would pilot the Destiny compared to Shinn. On the other hand, saying that Kira would be uncomfortable in Destiny, and because it "does more than beam spam" of all reasons, is completely baseless.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote