View Single Post
Old 2008-09-29, 21:41   Link #77
valet

This is one of the most frustrating shows I've ever seen. It seems to have a good premise, good characters, good voice actors, and occasionally some genuinely good story ideas, but it is ruined constantly by writing and pacing so bad that it almost seems intentional.

They had kind of a neat thing going with Princess Henrietta up against all of her friends. They had some good conflict with Tabitha, and they even got to cast her as the damsel in distress for a change, but they never cashed in on any of it.

And was there a movie between episodes 11 and 12 that I missed or something? What the hell? And what the hell was the deal with the painfully over-endowed elf girl? No explanation there? What about the reluctantly bad elf guy? What was his story? Where did this whole 'bamf! I can't use magic this episode, let's see what happens!' idea come from? How on earth does that fit into any of this?

It sadly always turns out the same with this show -- lots of potential that falls flat due to excessive fanservice and phoning it in on the writing. It seems like if they'd just put some effort into the story and dial down the boobies a little, this could really be a great series. It's probably way too late now, but it really did have potential.