View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 23:51   Link #8084
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
Well, my first time visiting here ^^;
I've got a question. I've heard that, if a guy texts you while he's playing video games (especially CoD), then he really likes talking to you, or something? i'm curious, cause I've got a guy friend, I don't know that I'm interested in him or that I'm not, but on weekends we generally talk for about five hours at least one night, sometimes two, and one night I was texting him and he said he was sorry for the slow replies, he was playing CoD, and I asked if he wanted me to go then, and he said no not at all but not to expect quick replies. He seems, in general, like he may potentially be interested...or at least exploring the idea.
I thought up til today that it was probably just friendship, but now I'm wondering if my mother (the one who's been saying, since she knows about all this, that it looks like he may be interested) might be on to something.
I'm not asking if he likes me or anything like that, just wondering if it's anything significant (texting me while playing it)...wow, I cannot articulate this well, sorry >.<"
I'm in this situation almost every day at some point. Like everyone else says, I wouldn't bet on this one occurrence, but if a guy can pull himself away from CoD to talk (on a continuous occasion), then he's got at least some sort of interest - either as a good friend or maybe even something more.

Hahaha, listen to me, speculating from a weak hypothesis and a stereotype that may or may not be true. As a note, my fellow male friends don't get text replies until I'm completely done playing online, but I will take breaks to respond to my female friends. Why? One, it's impolite to leave a lady waiting, and two, I can be certain that they often won't fill my inbox with pointless banter like every single one of my fellow mates do. XD And of course, every one of my mates tells me that I'm the odd guy out of the group for many of my ideals.

From what I've personally seen, my buds aren't even serious gamers and they find it hard to pull themselves away from a game to talk to anyone at all, so there's a good possibility that there's at least something there.