View Single Post
Old 2012-01-13, 09:19   Link #64
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I am surprised they managed to cram so much content into a single episode yet I didn't really feel it's rushed.
Now, the quality of the content. Oh well... The writing is more or less the same as always. The space collapses and Shu and Inori are conveniently carried out by ..bubbles. Come again?
Then there is Shu's repressed memory. While a sound concept in reality the execution was kind of lacking, to say the least.

"Right, Shu. We need you to remember."
SWITCH ON! FLASHBACKS GO!
It's so ridiculously contrived.

I actually did enjoy Mana's backstory and honestly, I doubt this was the last we've seen of her. Maybe even of Gai. After all there are still questions. Why did Mana come into contact with the stone? Why can Gai see voids?

Shu will probably man up in the near future and Inori.. Inori is as forgettable as always. Honestly, I hope Mana's personality got downloaded into her brain and eventually overwrites Inori's completely, so she may actually become an interesting character for once.

While show has finally picked up I cannot help but feel disappointed that we had to waste almost the entire first half to get there.