View Single Post
Old 2011-07-30, 23:14   Link #2097
Xander

Here's another update, this time from Masayuki Ozaki, who is Sunrise's General Manager of Overseas Development:

Quote:
Can you tell us anything about the new Code Geass spin-off series?

Ozaki: I knew that question was coming. The uh, next season of Code Geass is behind schedule. They're working hard. We're looking forward to releasing it next year. And it will take place in the same world as Lelouch except with different characters. And, the stage is set in Europe, so we'll see a lot of European countries. The new directer is Kazuki Akane, the director of Escaflowne.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...2011/otakon/17

It is more or less a case of stating the obvious, true, but at least now we have an official explanation. In addition, the use of the word "season" here also seems to confirm the new project will probably be a TV series instead of an OVA or anything else. Finally, it's good to hear we will indeed get to see several different countries (or characters from the same) during the story.

EDIT: Here's a slightly different take on the same answer:

Quote:
20:16:22 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> Q: Tell us anything about the new Code Geass Spinoff?
20:16:25 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> A: I knew that question was coming
20:16:48 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> The next season of Code Geass is proceeding as planned
20:17:06 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> So they are working hard on it, we will be able to release it next year
20:17:29 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> It will take place in the same world as Leluche, but different characters
20:17:40 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> but the stage is set in europe, so we'll see european countries
20:18:38 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> and it's the same (???), goro taniguchi
20:18:12 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> and same (missed)... so they have the same ideas as code geass
20:18:56 <bay|Ota|Sunrise> And the new director is kazuki azakane, the director of escaflowne
Aside from missing the bit about Goro Taniguchi and someone else (Okouchi?) still being involved in some sort of capacity, I suppose the ANN transcript is probably more accurate overall.

Last edited by Xander; 2011-07-30 at 23:38.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote