View Single Post
Old 2010-12-02, 03:19   Link #33
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Plus, I love books. I love the way they feel. I love libraries and bookstores. I feel safe, and in my place when I enter. I hate seeing any book, any book on any subject being tossed away.
Well excuuuuuuuse us for wanting to weed out damaged and outdated books. Maybe if you can give or find us several truckloads of cash we can pay for the storage space and maintenance of the older monographs.

But kidding aside, I'm glad to finally see this arc animated. Shiori's one of my favorites (obviously). Definitely enjoyed the episode, though, like a few other posters, I was expecting more of her inner thoughts to go slightly faster than it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi
You guys are thinking she's fast paced because you're reading the damn manga that fast.
Eh, for me, it was more of imagining Shiori talking faster because she's so excitedly passionate about books rather than my reading speed. If it was because of my reading speed, the dialogue of every character in every work I've ever read would sound like Blurr from Transformers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigsig
Though I don't see how else should a librarian be portrayed...
Well, I could give you a couple of personality types from the libraries I've worked and volunteered at. . .