View Single Post
Old 2004-08-25, 01:49   Link #20
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClancyDamon
Well, if this seems repititious, then maybe that's a sign that the afore-mentioned characters are, in fact, actually very cool. And come to think of it, I don't see much repetition.

What I do see is an odd fact that everybody has a choice for coolest male, but it's much harder to think of a female. It was harder for me at least. Anyone else notice that?
it's hard to think of a "cool" female character since most female protagonists that males (most/all of the posters in this thread) are familiar with tend to be sideline characters, sexual objects, or have personalities equal to that of bricks, or a combination of the three
when i think of "cool" female characters, these come to mind:
Kanzaki Urumi (GTO) smart cool (lost points due to suicidal tendencies)
Natsume Maya (Tenjou Tenge) cool cool (which is why i picked her, beauty, brains, AND brawn, plus she can chibify herself, which is always a plus)
Nanase Narue (Narue no Sekai) Alien Cool (lost points because she's a cheapskate)
Aoyama Motoko (Love Hina) kendo girl cool (lost points because of a fear of turtles, plus i just never really clicked with her character)
Fafa (Psychic Academy) icy cool (there's a pun there) (lost a lot of points for having a split personality ranma/Forty complex)
Chidori Kaname (Full Metal Panic) fan cool (her character's personality relies too much on Sousuke, much like every other character in the series, so she loses points)
Tsukino (Yakitate! Japan) cooking cool (unfortunately, her greatest strength costs her big cool points: she's too cute)
Chise (Saikano) super secret cool (lost points due to her personality shift, and weakening, plus her decision at the end made her boyfriend go schizo)
Nao (Midori no Hibi) spooky cool (lost points due to lack of dialogue)