View Single Post
Old 2006-01-16, 22:00   Link #86
eggplant
Eggplant

Not that I want to revive this thread from the dead, especially since the December attack wiped out the existence of the anime in this forum (to the relief of many), but I deem that this is the most appropriate place to mention the following.

I bought Negima! Volume 13 today, and on the flap of the front cover, where Akamatsu-sensei makes his comments, was written:

・と、どうやら次の14巻・たりで、重大・表ができそう です、ご期待下さい。 (^^)

This would translate out to: "Also, it looks like around the time Volume 14 is out, we can make an important announcement. Please look forward to it."

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I construe this as to be the announcement of the second anime series.
I mean, what else could be as important as this?

So, on the premise that there will be a second series, let's speculate on the possible scenarios.

Will it be a sequel from season one, as it left untied knots, particularly with Nagi?

Will it proceed with the other arcs not covered in season one, Kotarou, Culture Festival, the contest...hm, not much to cover unless they add in some original plot lines like they had to for season one (I wonder if anyone will remember of what transpired with Asuna)?

Then again, season probably won't start airing until late 2006 or early 2007, so some of the current manga storylines will likely be used too.

In any case, I just hope that animators have decent time to prepare for this, unlike season one which must have been productional mayhem (shame on you Konami for rushing the release), which painfully showed in the quality.

Volume 14 will be out around March to April, so it's not likely we would know until then if there'll be a season two or not, but judging from the continual popularity of Negima!, it would be a viable move.

I, for one, am looking forward to a second season, and wonder what others think of it.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote