View Single Post
Old 2013-05-04, 22:58   Link #117
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
It's not the same way of making buildings, not domes at least and neither the walls. I can not remember many buildings with lots of stories, nenither I remember of them to have a rotation system in their cultives so good for almost all the middle ages (actually, I'm not sure, but I thing they had usualy 2 harvest seasons whereas romans had usually 3, so I'm not going to bet aniting on that).

Sure, the medieval period wasn't a dark age, I know that, but it lost information from the ancient ages. Look at the hydraulics, look at the roads. And the top of the engineering in middles ages was far for common use. Information was lost, because progress isn't lineal nor constant: you can step back.
Let's even acknowledge that some technologies can go lost, (though I don't quite agree that the historical example of medieval can support something so radical as an information era reverting to pre-renaissance) but what about the physical evidences of those technologies.

You mentioned the pantheon, for example, but the pantheon was still there, and it's still there today.

The current world is so filled with proofs of our technology advancements that the idea that any traces of them would completely vanish in an area as big as Texas is practically unthinkable.

Even if you wanted to purposely remove those, it'll probably cost you several billions of dollars and take decades, and you still shouldn't be surprised if farmers would occasionally find fragments of plastic and concrete.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote