View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 10:57   Link #46
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
When it comes to characters I merely ask that their personality not clash with the animes goal for them and how other characters act around them. If a character is useless and weak-willed but everyone insists that they are to be relied on and that they have the ability to lead despite that obviously not being the case (i.e Shu from Guilty Crown) I typically don't find said character very likeable or easy to get into. Likewise if the character is just an insufferable jerk or sociopathic to everyone around them and are met with the other characters and plot bending over backwards to reward them and claim how great they are (Almost any NisoIsin female character) I also won't find said character very identifiable. I also just find certain character types like the main characters half-retarded ecchi best friend to be just truly loathsome, irritating and iredeemable as character types because it even makes the otherwise kind of likeable hero look like some kind of idiot for hanging out with and calling on them for support from time to time.

As for anime, that's far more subjective, but for me I tend to identify/appreciate certain genres like mecha/sci-fi/fantasy/drama over others like Comedy and Romance. That's pure preference though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote