View Single Post
Old 2009-03-27, 22:07   Link #68
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I predict that this will be another abomination lambasted across the faces of the anime-loving masses. Can I think of someone better than Keanu Reeves to play the role of Spike Spiegel? No. Can I think of someone to play any of the characters? Nope. Do I think Keanu Reeves is a good choice for Spike Spiegel? Nope. Personally, about the only character I think they could get right is Ein, and that's only because Welsh Corgie's actually exist.

The fact that I don't think Reeves is good for this adaptation, and that I can't think of someone better, speaks directly to the fact that this should not be made into a film. Why can't Hollywood just leave the great anime alone? Why does everything have to be live-action? Thank god the Evangelion project was trashed; that was well on it's way to being an abomination. Too bad about DBZ; that shit-fest actually made it off of the set and into a can.

Edit: If someone can name a single person who can capture both the vocal and physical expressions of Edward, I will stand corrected. The proper choice for Ed, and the story-line, could be the one saving grace this film requires.

Edit2: If the girl in the corresponding picture to this article plays Faye, I will also go see this movie. firstshowing.net

Last edited by Quzor; 2009-03-27 at 22:13. Reason: Because of Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivuruski IV
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote