View Single Post
Old 2010-07-10, 15:51   Link #23
MamoruUsagi

Instead of saying a series is crap or bad, you could say that their are parts of it you don't think were done well, clearly if a series touches someone or reaches someone in some way it's not crap. You can call any manga crap. Now, there are series that are crap, any storyline which has the whole, guy walks in on girl naked and she slaps him rinse and repeat formula is crap, but any series with an intriuging storyline that touches someone is clearly not 'crap', it may have areas that could be improved, but clearly has things people like.

I like Yuu Watase's stuff a lot. Yes, there are areas which could be improved upon, but they captivate me and entertain me. Yes, there are a lot of cliches, but the storylines, relationships, couples, plots and characters are so great and have so much excitement, passion, heart, excitement, romance and character, that I forgive all the flaws. I find them enjoyable, romantic and entertaining and that makes up for it. I know what people are talking about when they mention the cliches, but if a series is enjoyable and touching, then you can look past the other stuff. It's weird, I like the series a lot, but I can totally see what parts of it would bug some people.

Glad you enjoy High School Debut, I like it a lot as well, the relationship is so sweet and real and touching.

The Devil Does Exist is probably one of my favorite romance manga ever. It's interesting, romantic and touching. The couple's relationship is mature, it's serious and touching without being cheesy, over the top or mushy. There's also no comedy or cliche's and the couple and characters are so relatable and lovable. No one could ever call it crap because it's just awesome.

Mars, too, excellent serious, real romance, one of my favorites.

These two are at the top, the most epic.

The problem I had with Maison Ikkoku is it takes too long to go anywhere, it has it's moments, but there's a lot of repetetive, wasted things that I don't have the patience for. It's interesting, I really like the soap opera Melrose Place, the first season of it was a lot like Maison Ikkoku and it was on the verge of being canceled and then they spiced it up and it continued for seven seasons. It's interesting how American shows and Japanese ones can have similar premises.

I have difficulty writing clearly and saying what I want on paper, it's part of a series of further learning disabilities that suck that somehow block my ability to take the thoughts from my brain and organize it on paper. It takes a lot longer for me to write something that makes sense than for most people, unfortunately. So I end up writing way too much detail, repeating the same thing in three different ways, or writing things that don't have a lot of quality. Which ends up in a message that has good spelling and vocabulary, but poor content and doesn't get to the point, which sucks. People have no idea how much it sucks not to be able to write like everyone else and really take that for granted.