View Single Post
Old 2012-06-02, 10:03   Link #842
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
>miketyson
"Borderline" shipwar? ^^;; It's far past that line if you ask me (and has been for quite a while), which is one of the things that sucked the fun out of the discussions as far as I'm concerned. Ah well.
I agree with you on this. That's why I want a game-changer.

If the plot is simply "Amata ends up with Mikono, Mykage gets defeated, Zessica ends up Forever Alone (tm), protagonists get a (mostly) happy end, no more major twists" then you'll never hear the end of Mikono/Amata fans vs. Zessica fans.

As somebody who's still cool with Mikono/Amata (not as much as I once was, but it still has its moments) and as somebody who likes Zessica, I'd rather this not be how it all ends up.

So here comes a flying dog to save the day!

Quote:
>Triple_R
But a game changer was to be expected from the start? ^^;; I mean, I can't be the only one who has been sure from day 1 that there would be huge twists in the end...
I admit - I'm starting to lose faith in Okada, at least when it comes to this show.

Doggy Amata would show me that Okada might still have a neat trick or two left up her sleeve.

Now, with the disclaimer that this is based on dog spoiler being correct, here's a detailed speculation I've worked up. I'll call it the "Gen Fudo's Machiavellian Scheme" theory.

Gen Fudo's Machiavellian Scheme Theory:

Fudo and Mykage are engaged in a Chess Match of Intergalactic Ramifications. Fudo's key move against Mykage is a Red Herring designed to manipulate Mykage into doing what Fudo wants Mykage to do (but nothing else).

Fudo knows who Apollo is, who Sylvia is, and who Amata really is. Mykage doesn't know who Apollo really is, and mistakenly thinks that Amata is Apollo. Fudo is trying to use this to his advantage to lead Mykage astray.

So Fudo is setting Amata up as Mykage's target, while playing his cards very close to his vest about who the real Apollo is. Fudo has told only one person who Apollo is, and he's done that off-camera: He's told Mikono to ensure that she's onside with his plans (he's less worried about the well-trained soldier Zessica).

Mikono (Sylvia) initially resented how her "fated lover" is another girl. That's why she was initially frosty towards Zessica and didn't want to shake Zessica's hand.

Fudo's plan also enrages Mikono, since it causes much suffering for Amata and Zessica that could be avoided if they were let in on the truth (but Fudo won't do that, because he's afraid if they find out, his whole 'Red Herring' scheme won't work as well). This helps to explain some of Mikono's anger towards Fudo throughout the series.

Over time, Mikono warms up a bit to Zessica, and gradually comes to accept the situation. She made attempts to get closer to Zessica during the Beach Episode to make things work better.

However, Zessica becomes increasingly in love with Amata, which freaks Mikono out, because it could ruin Fudo's plan and Mikono has no clue how to handle it.

Mikono decides that after she confronts Fudo about this, she's going to beg him to let her reveal the truth to Amata so that the Zessica/Amata issues can be resolved before they spiral out of control. This is what Mikono meant when she told Amata she had something to tell him when she gets back from finding Fudo.

Alas, before that could happen, Mykage/Kagura launches a successful kidnap attempt for a change, and Kagura makes off with Mikono. And here we are now.

So there's my very wild speculation. What do people think? Is it a fun theory at least?

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-06-02 at 10:28.