View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 13:35   Link #163
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, it's described as if it was compulsory.

Yui was part of the system that keep the balance of the game, so obviously for the people who created the game, the mental care of the players did affect the balance.

I don't know exactly how that would work. Maybe it has to do with the fact that this isn't just a normal MMO, but VRMMO. Maybe there's more stress build-up for that reason and that makes it necessary to have a system like Yui in place. I don't know.
Mental health would not have an effect on the game's balance, Kayaba probably only made her to get past some red tape to get the game released, then blocked her from doing her job once he got the game off the ground as she was deemed unneccessary.

Look at it his way:
Would a player have a higher strength stat from being mentally unstable?
Would they move any faster?
Would ANY of their character's parameters be higher from simply being unstable?

The answer is no.

Granted they might attack and fight eratically, but that's not any different then how most noobs/newbies fight anyway. We've all seen the button masher types.

It's my speculation that Kayaba had no intention of Yui ever doing her job period. She was just there so that he could tell the "moral guardians"

"If anything goes wrong with the players, we have an on-site Mental & Emotional Support for them."
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote